FREDIE is steadily including new partners who are interested to link their collection to the FREDIE network
- Improve the visibility of your collections and by this increase the chance to be included in future collaborative projects on all levels (European, Global).
- Improve the chance to find partners for future collaborative studies and publications.
- Receive a code, where the DNA and rest of the tissue you provided is professionally stored.
- Have the full right to use the CO1 sequences of your materials in your publications without adding any FREDIE partner as a co-author. (FREDIE should be acknowledged in publications.)
You need to have:
- A publically open collection of tissues linked to vouchers of freshwater fishes, molluscs or mayflies.
- Photographs of the vouchers.
All property rights for the use of the DNA and tissues you provided are guaranteed . No additional analysis will be performed without your approval. No DNA or tissues will be given to third parties without your approval.
- Extract the DNA from the tissues you sent.
- Sequence the 5' „barcoding“ region of the mitochondrial COI gene.
- Professionally store the tissue and the DNA or send it back to you.
- Link your voucher database to the FREDIE network and from there to other global networks and/or professionally store the vouchers you provided.